Pages

Monday 26 November 2018

Armistice Day writing

W.A.L.T: read information and then re-write the important parts in our own words

Today for reading we have been working on re-writing information in our own words Armistice day.

This is the paragraph I read about Armistice.

"At 11 am on 11 November this year, Aotearoa New Zealand marked the centenary of the armistice that ended the First World War in 1918. On that day 100 years ago, after four years of brutal conflict, war finally gave way to peace." - From https://ww100.govt.nz/armistice

This is the paragraph that I re-wrote in my own words


At 11 am on 11th November the people in Aotearoa decided to mark when their first world war ended in 1918 . The war went on for four years until they wanted to stop and make peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful- how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.